Pages

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

My Top eBay Moments This Week

This week has felt a little slower than the last several weeks. Looking at my Sellebrity chart, I see that my visitors have decreased just a touch. I'll keep a close eye on that over the next few days to see if I'm headed into a blackout.

Over the past 7 days, I had 32 sales (12 of which were shoes). An unpaid item case is open against a buyer who bought 2 pairs of shoes, and I had one complaint about a pair of shoes that fell apart. After seeing pictures of the damage, I have my doubts that they were the ones I sent, but what are ya gonna do? I also had an email from a hot roller buyer wondering where the clips were. Crazy timing, because a couple hours before I got that email, I had told our group that I'd never had anyone ask me where the clips were to hot rollers they had bought. I pointed out that the listing said they weren't included, and I never heard from her again.

The highlights:

This is an Okie Dokie snowsuit that I've had listed since February. I know, spring and summer aren't exactly ideal for selling snowsuits, but I was still happy to see it go this week. It was taking up a lot of valuable real estate in my closet. Paid less than a dollar for it in February, sold it for $22.


I bought these in May and just didn't get around to listing them until 2 weeks ago. I paid $3.49 for them and sold them very quickly for $30. My buyer's feedback said, "Thanks. Love the color!"  They are bright!


I've had these for awhile. Clairol Kindness hot rollers usually sell pretty well for me, but this set and another (Clairol Kindness Deluxe - even better usually) both sat in my store for quite some time! The Deluxe is still sitting there, in fact. I bought them in December, but I probably didn't list them until March or so. (Have you caught on to the fact that I'm not very good at listing stuff as soon as I bring it home??) I paid $3.15 and sold them for $34.99. These are the ones that didn't include clips.

Sebago. The jury is still out on this brand. I'll only buy them if they are in excellent condition. I bought them for $2.99 in May, but I didn't get them listed until recently. I think Back to School was on my side here, because they sold quickly. Sent them to Sweden for $35.


I think it's safe to assume that every week, my Top eBay Moments post will include a pair of Docs. This was a super-fast flip! I bought them on August 20th, listed them on the 24th and sold them on the 25th. I paid $2.99 for them and sold them for $45. You'll never guess where they're headed....


And my top sale of the week! This is a very hard to find mug. If you find it - snatch it up quickly! My sister-in-law picked it up for me back in December for 37 cents. I had it listed ridiculously high for months. Then a month or so ago, I lowered my price a bit. I got an offer for $75 the other day. I checked Terapeak and saw that very few of these had sold over the past year, and all the ones that did sold for right around $75, so I took the offer. Buyer paid quickly and has left positive feedback already. Yay!

What were your favorite sales this week?

2 comments:

  1. I've been selling on ebay for nearly two years, but have only recently begun to use the "Buy It Now" option. I sell childrens Converse on a regular bases, auction style, and rarely sell for more than $12. Do you ever sell childrens shoes? My listings are very child-friendly, so I see enough traffic, but am unsure of switching my shoes over entirely to "Buy It Now". For reference, I normally sell higher-end childrens shoes (Pediped, Geox, Stride Rite, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lot of children's shoes. I have a few pair of girls' Gymboree shoes listed, and a pair of Merrell sandals. That's pretty much it. I have sold 2 pair of girls' Borns for around $20 each. But I have no experience with any of the brands you've mentioned. This past month would definitely have been the time to test the waters on that though, with all the back to school shoppers.

    ReplyDelete