Pages

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Top eBay Moments This Week

This was another good week. I thought last week was a fluke, but it looks like sales are picking up for real! I had 42 sales over the last 7 days, 16 of which were shoes. Unbelievable as it sounds, NONE of them were cancellations, unpaid items, or returns! So I actually get to KEEP that money. What a novel concept.

Some of my favorites:


I LOVE this dress. It's Baby Gap, and it's velour. I wish it fit my 4 year old, but oh well. I sent it to France as part of an 8-piece shopping spree package. I paid $2.50 for it a month ago and sold it this week for my full asking price of $19.99.



Another quick sale. I paid $3.75 for this 2 quart Revere Ware saucepan in July. I accepted an offer for $20. That was my last piece of Revere Ware. I bought 3 pieces in July and they all sold very quickly. I'll definitely keep my eye open for more!


These were my sister-in-law's. She wore them twice and hated them. I decided to auction them during eBay's recent penny auction promotion. I started them at $34.99 and by the end of the week, I had 12 watchers. Despite that, they only got 2 bids and ended at $36.88. She was happy, because she paid less than that for them originally.



Johnston & Murphy is still a trial & error brand for me. I paid $2.99 for these in June. They sold this week for $50. I'll continue to pick this brand up, but I won't expect the $75+ that I was hoping for.



Danskos are NOT trial and error. I paid $7.90 for these bronze-colored sandals in July. I'm always willing to spend a little more on Danskos, because they sell pretty well and usually pretty quickly. These sold this week for my full asking price of $50.



And last but not least ... the Doc Marten anomaly continues... My sister-in-law picked these up for me last month for $10. That's a little more than I like to pay for Docs, but they are a sure profit, so it's not a real big deal. I had these listed for less than a week and sold them yesterday for my full asking price of $50. I'm sure I could have gotten a little more for them, but I'd rather get $50 within a week instead of $60 2 months down the road. Oh - and the anomaly part? These went to Australia. Big surprise.


**What were your favorite sales this week?

6 comments:

  1. My favorite sale was a surprise to me. I tend to stick to selling the higher end purses such as Coach or Hobo. But I saw a super cute black leather Banana Republic bag. It was 1/2 off blue tags @ Goodwill. $2.99 so I though I would take a chance.Last night it sold for $63!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned so much from your blog posts! I just sold my first pair of shoes. They were brand new SOFFT Mary Janes that sold for $28 - that's a net of $24. I have a pair of Doc Martens and some Born shoes up for sale too. This is a new venture for me and am looking forward to more shoe sales! Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica, I have been listing a lot lately under my auctions and have been wondering about opening a store. It seems as if the only drawback is that when people search at ebay, your store items do not come up on the search page. I am to understand that we have to bring traffic there to sell...is this correct? Thanks! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, ifi you plan to stick wtih selling on eBay regularly, there are no drawbacks to having a store. When I first started selling about 2 years ago, store listings did NOT come up in regular search results, but eBay has since changed that. Store listings are now integrated in with all the other results, so we don't have to work to drive traffic to our stores. Of course, it's always a good idea to use social networking to your advantage (blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc) and responding to discussion board posts with relevant links to your listings (example: if someone is searching for something that you have available) or with your store link in your discussion board and email signatures. But really - most of the traffic work is done by eBay because everyone knows eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I was wondering how you cleaned your revere ware? I have a few pieces to sell and they need to be sparkled up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen,
    I was really lucky to find that saucepan in almost perfect condition. I did sell a lot of 2 smaller saucepans that were pretty black and cruddy on the bottom. I scrubbed and scrubbed, but nothing worked. Finally I just listed them the way they were and they sold a couple weeks later for $30 to someone in England who paid an additional $30 for shipping.

    I've heard some people say tomato sauce or ketchup works on the copper bottoms. I also read a post recently about using a salt/vinegar solution to clean copper.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete