Pages

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Featured eBay Underground Member of the Week!

Another new feature! Every Tuesday, we will put a spotlight on a Featured eBay Underground Member. We want to get to know other members on eBay Underground, and we want you to get to know each other too! So without further ado...

This week's Featured Member is ...

RITA STEWARD! Rita sells on eBay at Desert Sun Collectibles.












We sent Rita a list of questions, and here's what she had to say:

Start by telling us a bit about yourself.

I live in north central Ohio with my hubby and 3 Pekingese dogs. I'm mom to 3 grown sons and grandma to 13!

How long have you been selling on eBay? Why did you start?

I started selling on eBay part time in Oct of 2000 because I had a stroke and was no longer able to work as an over the road truck driver with my hubby.

Do you remember the first item you sold?

The first items I sold were Madame Alexander dolls, I was passionate about the 10" Portrait dolls!

What keeps you going during slow sale periods?

Slow sales are both a blessing and a curse! I use that time to take pictures, write up descriptions and list. I also get caught up with all the dust bunnies that have invaded the house while I'm not paying attention! lol

Everyone knows how slow summer sales can be, so I'm thinking of doing a "Garage Sale Challenge" like "The Auction Rebel", Gary Hendrickson used to do. If you're interested, leave a comment on my blog. If there's enough interest, I will set it up and let everyone know the start and ending dates. I may even offer an incentive for the most listed and sold this time. :)

http://ebayunzipped.wordpress.com/

Tell us about your favorite buyer.

My favorite buyer is the one who sends me notes on why they bought an item and what it means to them if they've been looking for awhile. :)

Tell us about your worst nightmare buyer and how you handled it.

Ummm, I've never had a nightmare buyer. I had one item returned in the early years, a new doll that had a manufacturing defect on her leg and the buyer decided she didn't want her after all.

What was your best sale?

My best sale was a Daum Nancy Art Nouveau vase that I got from an on line auction. I paid $45.00 and sold it for $404.00!

What purchase for resale did you buy that turnedout to be a big mistake?

When I first started getting into the glassware, I bought any and all I found! Big no, no! I got stuck with most of it and it ended up in a garage sale and the rest went to GW.

Do you have a niche? What is it and why?

I guess if vintage glassware, pottery, porcelain and collectibles are a niche, that would be mine. I'm especially fond of elegant colored glass, such as opalescent and I love RS Prussia porcelain and Limoges. I also like Jim Shore collectibles, both new and older and some of the vintage toys.

What is your favorite thing to watch for when you're out thrifting?

My favorite things to watch for are elegant glass, vintage pottery such as Roseville, Weller and a few others. I also watch for NIP cross stitch and embroidery patterns.

Tell us one thing you have learned on eBay Underground.

I've learned about BIN! I hardly ever used it before and now I use it almost exclusively. I now price my BIN items much higher! I think between that and my own hard work is why I recently made Top Rated and Power seller for the very first time! :) :) Great feeling too!

Anything else you'd like to comment on?

On a final note, I've made new friends who are like minded and I love helping and interacting with them all. :)

Thank you for the opportunity to share a little about myself with all the others. :)

************

Thank you, Rita, for giving us a chance to get to know you a little better!

--Jessica & Lesley

************

Be sure to stop by Rita's eBay store at Desert Sun Collectibles!

Also stop by our eBay Underground Facebook Group and tell Rita hello!

And watch out - you might be our next Featured eBay Underground Member! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment