Pages

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Fantastic Finds Friday


We want to hear all about your Fantastic Finds! This features isn't about your exciting sales. It's about your exciting finds! There are so many places to find inventory: your closet, your garage, a yard sale, thrift stores, a consignment item you're selling for someone else. What did you find this week that you are excited about? It can be something you're excited to get listed OR something you're excited to keep! You can even post to your listing, if you'd like. Free advertising!

==========

I’m so excited to tell you about my FIND! We have been limping along with an old vacuum cleaner at our place of business for years now. The thing would barely pick anything up without going over the same spot several times, it’s pathetic really. I realized last Sunday when I went to close up and vacuum that I really couldn’t hold out any longer, I was going to have to break down and buy a new vacuum cleaner.

Fortunately, hubby and I stopped at our local Goodwill on the way to our weekly grocery shopping trip. As I was perusing the isles...there it was...the vacuum cleaner. It was a Hoover Wind Tunnel upright that was in like new condition. No scratches, clean and the bristles underneath were barely used. The bag inside appeared to be new and the price tag was in my budget...$10.00!

To top it all off this vacuum cleaner is valued at $190 at Sears. I just saved $180 and am a pretty happy camper!

----Lesley

===========

I'm super-excited about my big find this week too! I had a gal I graduated with approach me a few weeks ago and ask if I wanted to buy all her daughter's outgrown clothes. After looking over them a bit, I decided heck yeah! I brought home sixteen 13-gallon kitchen trash bags stuffed FULL of clothes.

My top priority was to sort out the Gymboree items. There were 250 pieces!! Most are like new, several still have the tags!










The Gymboree pile!










There were a LOT of other, less-exciting brands, but that's ok. They'll sell in larger lots, and I will have NO problem recouping my investment.






The odds-n-ends pile







I'm excited to get this stuff sorted and listed, and start raking in the cash! I'll be sure to post an update in 6 months to let you know how it's going.

--Jessica

==========

Tell us about your Fantastic Find by leaving a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT finds ladies!

    Those of you who know me, know I get GREAT stuff off of Freecycle and Craigslist Free section.

    My most recent "FANTASTIC" find was an antique chair. The fabric was in Excellent condition. The wood needs a bit of sprucing up, but I am up for the task once the weather decides to be consistently Sunny!

    Happy eBaying,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great score on the childrens clothes! I am most excited about my golf shirts I found this week tis the season for them!
    I sell under the ebay id susanc7818 if you want to check them out.

    ReplyDelete