Pages

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

This Week's Thrift Finds

I went to Goodwill twice this week. Both trips treated me well! On Tuesday, I decided to branch out into toys a little more. Despite having 4 kids, I know nothing about what toys sell well, so I took a risk on these. I suspect I paid too much for them, but I'm hoping for the best.


  • V-Tech Big Top Laptop: Paid $2.17. Completeds aren't too terribly exciting, but I should be able to get at least 5-6 times my investment.
  • Mattel See 'n' Say Says Whooo: Paid $4.23. Before I bought this, I did a quick search on my phone and there was only one listed (for $49.99 auction, $59.99 BIN). I snatched it up quickly. Once I got it home, a more careful search showed me that most people listed it with the wrong number of O's in "Whooo," and that the $49.99/$59.99 listing is definitely an outlier. Hopefully I can sell it for $20 or so, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Blues Clues Tickety Clock: Paid $2.11. I'm thinking about putting together a Blues Clues toy lot.
  • Vision Ware 1 L spouted saucepan with lid: Paid $3.17. Definitely paid too much for such a small pot, and I knew better. I must have been distracted when I bought that.
  • Cheer Bear with Microphone: Paid 53c. Doesn't look good. Will probably list for $20 for awhile and see what happens.
  • Born Mary janes: Paid $2.99. Will list for $30 and free shipping.

I stopped in again today and again, I wasn't disappointed.


  • 3 snow-brick makers: Paid 99c each. These are for my kids. They get brittle and break, so it's nice to have extras.
  • 6 Ugly Christmas Sweaters: Paid $3.99 per sweater, $2.99 per vest. I'm hoping these will do well in our EBUG Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest.
  • SAS oxfords: Paid $2.99. I always do well with this brand. This pair is a size 9 WW. I'll probably list them for $45 with free shipping.
  • Columbia IUP fleece vest: Paid $2.99. This is a local college. I probably should have passed on it but will give it a shot at $20 with free shipping.
  • Horse & Sleigh sweater: Paid $3.99. This is for my horse-obsessed daughter.
  • New in package mushroom latch hook: Paid $4.17. I was just thinking the other day that I'm running very lot on latch hook kits. I was down to one. A dumb one that will never sell, I'm sure. I'm hoping for $30 on the mushroom one.

No comments:

Post a Comment