One of our favorite places to ID our Pyrex pattern name is "Pyrex Love" This place is jammed with information! I hope you visit that site and bookmark it. You will be glad that you did!
Another great place to visit is Corelle Corner. This has a wealth of information! Love, love, love it!
So here is a good representation on how Pyrex junkies can get carried away. This Gold Electroplate Pie Pan holder (with clear straight sided pie pan) went for over $400! Sadly the person didn't pay, for it looks like the next week this buyer sold it at a little over $100. Still that is a sweet price, don't you agree?
You can not go wrong selling a set of Pyrex Primary Colors stacking bowl set! That is if you can bear to part with it. This set went for $100.00 Prices can vary depending on how many are at auction or available at that time. I like to keep track of auctions only to be able to price my item high in the store. For instance, if I had a set in my store at $99, the other bidders might mosey over to my store after the auction is over since they are hot after these babies.
The Gooseberry pattern is hot right now! Did you notice the shape of these bowl, one side being a spout? This is known as a Cinderella bowl. Now don't be fooled, Cinderella is NOT a pattern name. I've seen the term Cinderella coined as a pattern on some other blogs, but I can tell you in certainty that Cinderella means that the bowl has a handle on one side and a spout on the other. This was a very popular design with the housewives, you know, back when women baked from scratch. Cinderella bowl is essentially a mixing bowl! (with spout) There were Cinderella sets in the late 1950's, which were 3 piece casserole sets.
Check this covered casserole! This seller sold for over $80! The color Turquoise is HOT right now, the design has clean lines and the clear glass cover is the icing on the cake. Right now with all the bad press being given to plastic containers and the toxins that leach out during microwaving you will notice the surge in buying glass.
Is it Pyrex?
You will notice that some buyers put Pyrex in their titles when the item is Fire King, Hazel Atlas, and Federal. This is NOT correct. However there are some companies that did contract with Corning for their items.
- Hamilton Beach
- Fry Ovenware
Dating Clear Pyrex
Clear casseroles with no handles date from 1915 to 1926. You will also notice that there is a knob on the top of the casserole covers. Spot a casserole with that knob, you know you have an old one!
Between the years 1939 and 1947 the handles were plain and boring. This add gives you a good idea however of what those handles looked like and what was being offered. The handles were level with the pan, not upturned. This particular ad was 1939. Take a look at the Flameware on the bottom of this ad! You can find these at thrift stores, estate sales, indoor fleamarkets and vendor malls.
1947 - 1950 was the sculptured handled era. It didn't last long. Generally the lid's handles fit right down over the container lid.
The handles became full width from 1950 into the 1980's
When you are listing your piece, you will want to include the model numbers. For lids, look on the rims or handles, for other items look on the bottom or under the handle. These numbers actually are the item description.
- 72 Butter Dish
- 75 Margarine Dish
- 77 Gravy Server
- 022 Round Bottom Casserole 1 qt (lid 622, 682)
- 023 Round Bottom Casserole 1 1/2 qt (lid 623, 683)
- 024 Round Bottom Casserole 2 qt (lid 624, 684)
- 026 Round Bottom Casserole 3 qt (lid 626, 687)
- 043 Oval Casserole 1 1/2 qt (lid 943)
- 045 Oval Casserole 2 1/2 qt (lid 945)
- 063 Oval Casserole 1 qt (lid 945)
- 322 Rimmed Nesting Bowl 1 qt
- 323 Rimmed Nesting Bowl 1 1/2 qt
- 325 Rimmed Nesting Bowl 2 1/2 qt
- 326 Rimmed Nesting Bowl 4 qt
- 401 Nesting bowl 1 1/2pt
- 402 Nesting bowl 1 1/2 qt
- 403 Nesting bowl 2 1/2 qt
- 404 Nesting bowl 4 qt
- 441 Cinderella bowl 1 1/2 pt
- 442 Cinderella bowl 1 1/2 qt
- 443 Cinderella bowl 2 1/2 qt
- 444 Cinderella bowl 4 qt
- 471 Cinderella Casserole 1 pt
- 472 Cinderella Casserole 1 1/2 pt
- 473 Cinderella Casserole 1 qt
- 474 Cinderella Casserole 1 1/2 qt
- 475 Cinderella Casserole 2 1/2 qt
- 501 Refrigerator Dish 1 1/2 cup
- 502 Refrigerator Dish 1 1/2 pt
- 503 Refrigerator Dish 1 1/2 qt
- 664 Round Casserole 4 qt (no handle, wide rim)
- 722 Creamer
- 770 Small Bowl (footed 1 cup)
- 1410 Pyrex mug (8-9 oz) 1970's on marked 300ml
- 7401 Clear Round Bowl 1 1/2 pt
- 7402 Clear Round Bowl 1 1/2 qt
- 7403 Clear Round Bowl 2 1/2 qt
- 7404 Clear Round Bowl 4 qt
Join us on Ebay Underground! We would love to meet you. This group is dedicated to helping others unselfishly be successful at online sales.