Pages

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

Fantastic Finds Friday


We want to hear all about your Fantastic Finds! This features isn't about your exciting sales. It's about your exciting finds! There are so many places to find inventory: your closet, your garage, a yard sale, thrift stores, a consignment item you're selling for someone else. What did you find this week that you are excited about? It can be something you're excited to get listed OR something you're excited to keep! You can even post to your listing, if you'd like. Free advertising!

==========

I'm in Virginia right now visiting with my family.  I'm here for personal reasons but hope to squeeze out a little shopping for inventory.  As I was driving down on Wednesday I took a little detour to the Goodwill in Dover....what a beautiful area.  I quickly scanned the shoes and found 4 for resale at $4 a piece.  Next I did a quick scan of the toys and found a vintage Fisher Price phonograph circa 1978. Terapeak is showing an average price of $24.18 with a 50% sell through rate.  Six recently sold in the last few months at $50 or more....that's my number!  I paid $5 for it and it's clean.  Total spent $21 with $175 in projected sales.

Happy eBaying!!   
~~Lesley
==========

As I mentioned briefly last week, I had a road trip this past weekend. I have to admit I was a little disappointed. We always hope to find some fantastic treasures on these trips. Besides shoes, literally all I got were some kids' books, a Vision Ware pan, 2 Revere Ware pans, a Baby Gap outfit, and 2 turntables. It was quite a letdown. But. My whole purpose for the road trip was to increase my shoe inventory. I didn't find as many as I usually do. I was a little picky this time. Some of the Harrisburg stores have such high prices. I refuse to pay $8-12 for a pair of Clarks. So I did have to leave behind quite a few pairs, but I still came home with 40 pairs. Of course they're all still in a pile, but I hope to get to them this week. Or at least some of them.
~~Jessica
==========

What about you?  If you found something this week that you are excited about please share your enthusiasm here!!

5 comments:

  1. I found a great NWT 1999 Baby Furby at the thrift store this week for $2. Check out the recent listing for it. I was really excited!

    I also stopped at Goodwill and found a Buell Motorcycle Sling Bag for $3. I don't normally pick up bags of any kind but the fact that it was a motorcycle bag intrigued me. I looked it up on the eBay app and found that one recently sold for $91!!! It currently is up to $12.50 with 12 watchers with 4 days left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shop in Harrisburg sometimes and find that the Salvation Armies prices aren't too bad on shoes. I recently found several Clarks at a SA and they were around $5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy, what SA's are you shopping at that you find Clarks for $5?? I shop at the ones on Trindle Road, Union Deposit Road, and Hampton Court Road. Trindle Road was the only one that didn't have their Clarks seriously overpriced when I was there a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the one in Union Deposit. I was there around 3 weeks ago and found 3 pairs between $5-6. Maybe they passed under the radar or something. Have you been to the Goodwill in Elizabethtown? I'm usually impressed with their selection of shoes. They had their Clarks between $6-7 and I found a great pair of earth shoes for the same. They also had a pair of Jack Purcell Converse. Oh, and at that Union Deposit SA I picked up a new pair of Birkenstocks!! I must have just gone on the right day!
    Of course none of these have sold yet. You seem to have magic shoes that fly off the shelves. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Union Deposit is the one with the neon lights, right? I got them mixed up. That one is decently priced. The highest priced one was the warehouse-type one on Hampton Court Road.

    I've not been to e-town yet. It's a full day's road trip when I just hit the Harrisburg stores.

    ReplyDelete