Pages

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

"If you are bored with life - you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things - you don't have enough goals". Lou Holtz

Two years and nine months, that’s how long it took me to reach my goal of attaining the elusive Silver Star on eBay. For those who don’t know, the Silver Power Seller status is achieved by meeting a minimum sales requirement of $3000 a month for 3 consecutive months.

Photobucket

What did I do to get there? I sold products that I love, to people who wanted to buy them. I researched, read blogs and made some new friends on Facebook who had the same desire. I took my time with my listings, instead of rushing through. I took lots of pictures, researched product trends and sales history. This helped me to make informed decisions with my purchases and listings. This can sometimes be a tedious process, but the more you do it, the better you become at it. You can view my eBay store here.

I am no expert; I am still a student of eBay! What is hot today may not be hot tomorrow and so you may have to adjust your niche with trends. You will have to be flexible and willing to make changes if you are not getting the results that you want.

One thing I did when I was first starting out was to find a mentor. No, not even someone I knew, just other sellers on eBay selling the same products that I wanted to sell. I studied their listings, their sales history and figured out how I could make mine stand out!

The best way to get started is to sell unused items around your house. Then you can take that cash and start investing in new inventory. You will be surprised by what you can sell on eBay. If you can imagine it, someone out there is probably looking for it. There is a market for clothing, shoes, collectibles, antiques, toys, beauty products and more!

If you want to learn more about selling on eBay as well as what products to look for; join our Facebook Group eBay Undergound!

Check out our group listings. We have almost 4000 items for sale on eBay right now!

Happy eBaying!

No comments:

Post a Comment