Pages

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Favorite Toy


When my sister and I were growing up in the 70’s we spent countless hours playing with our Fisher Price Little People. My mom could set us up in our playroom or “dungeon” as she liked to call it and it was better than a babysitter. One of our favorite toys was the Main Street Village where we got totally lost in our make believe.

A few weeks ago I came across a lot of vintage Fisher Price toys just like the ones we had and eureka, my childhood came flooding back. Part of me wanted to keep them for myself, but that lasted a millisecond when logic kicked in that the real reason I bought them was to list on eBay. Now fortunately for me, my husband does all the shipping because I don’t really know if I would have the patience to figure out box sizes and such.

I just got my lot listed last night, after 2 weeks of procrastination and am taken the “we shall see” stance on the lot. I started all auctions at .99 cents and I have $15 in this lot. Truth be told I don’t really expect too much, except if that Main Street Village goes for .99 cents I will be devastated!

As for my Build-a-Bear lot, I paid $10 at a yard sale and the lot sold a few days ago for $37.75. This didn’t go as high and I would have hoped, but this is what the market deemed its worthiness!

Happy eBaying!

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment